Tuesday, September 20, 2011

An open letter to my best friend


Dear Safina,

Remember when we first met? You entered late in the class and realized that all the last benches were occupied. So you were left with no choice but to sit with me on the first bench. We looked at each other, smiled and turned towards the blackboard. Who would have thought at that time that we will be best buddies today? You were, and shall remain, tall, bold, smart and optimistic and I have always remained a coward. But look, we have proved all the critics wrong!!

You know what; I owe a lot to you. Without you, I wouldn’t be where I am today. You make me smile whenever I am sad. When any problem arises, I just need to give you a miss call on your Nokia. And you answer immediately. No problem even if it’s in the middle of night. Whenever I feel troubled, you have always stood beside me. No harm dares to cross my path because you don’t allow it. You have made me turn from a ‘shy and worrying girl’ into a ‘face-things-head-on woman’.

And what have I given to you in return? As far as my memory goes, I have given you nothing solid except a habit of reading novels! How many novels have you read so far? 10,20 or perhaps some more….not at all bad for a starter, isn’t it? I should give myself some credit!  You are such an unselfishly humble creature that you never ask anything from me. You are kind and active in all the things. Your family is so proud of you. But I am, allow me to say, more proud of you. The famous dialogue from Deewar comes up in my mind, “mere pass bungala hain, gadi hain, naukar hain, paisa hain…tere pass kya hain?” I promptly answer, “Mere pass Safina hain!”

Why I can’t be like you, I wonder sometimes. But then, there will always be only one saif. God just cannot create a second person like you, I swear. Or else, the world would have been full of angels like you by now!!


Yours always,
Snehal






PS: Saif, don’t kill me for posting this photo. I couldn’t resist. You look such a darling with 2 trophies!! I also want one!!!!

1 comment:

  1. luv u buddy..........
    but thodi jyada taarif(praise) ho gayi........
    its the same vth u , u r no less than me ...
    we make it so.......to bada hai ya tu bada hai.......


    n all i luv you so muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhh.......................ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmahhhhhhhhhhhh..........

    ReplyDelete